We had an amazing time at the…
We learned so much about how to raise resources for our communities and for the long-term sustainability of NYLA as our organization. Stay tuned for our first grassroots fundraising campaign where we will put what we have learned into action!
* There is more money raised from individual donors than private foundations.
* You can’t assume who can give and who cannot. People who donate are people like you and me, not a stereotype of a wealthy donor.
* Asking people to give is sharing an opportunity for them to feel a sense of happiness and pride to contribute to a cause they believe in.
* It is important to know our own personal relationship to money and the energy and experiences we associate with it. Many of us have to do our own healing around money in order to raise the resources we need for our communities.
* Keep your full energy and focus on our mission and the money will follow.
* Our strength is in our relationships in order to achieve the vision of a just redistribution of wealth.
* Collaboration not competition! Abundance not scarcity!